The Social Innovators Programme and Awards Launch will hold on Monday, November 11, 2013 at Shell Hall, MUSON Centre, Onikan Lagos. The distinguished speaker at this event is Mr. Rick Little, Founder, International Youth Foundation (IYF). The IYF is a global non-profit organization dedicated to preparing young people to become healthy, productive and engaged citizens and has supported LEAP Africa since 2004.
Do you qualify for the SIP? Applicants must meet the following entry requirement to be considered for the programme. They must be:
- Nigerians resident in Nigeria (not Nigerians in the Diaspora).
- Between ages 18 – 29 years.
- Initiators# of such projects/initiatives/organisations that are positively impacting local communities and lives of Nigerians particularly in achieving the MDGs through their creativity and innovation.
- Able to document and prove their work, benefits and some level of sustenance amongst communities and Nigeria for a minimum of 12 months prior to date of application for the SIP.
Steps to Applying 1. Like our page on facebook, www.facebook.com/LEAPAfrica.
- Follow us on twitter, www.twitter.com/leapafrica or @leapafrica & mention the programme you are applying for – with a #tag (e.g Chike Adeyemi Abu/#SIP2013).
- Visit www.leapafrica.org to download the application forms and email to sipa@leapafrica.
Location: Lagos State
Interested applicants are encouraged to contact the SIP team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 012706541/2, 07011081954 if you have any questions or concerns.
***Applicant must be a founder or co-founder of the project/organization which has been running for not less than one (1) year. The founder or co-founder is defined as the person who, either alone or as part of a team, conceiving and establishing the project/organization.
About LEAP Africa
Leadership, Effectiveness, Accountability and Professionalism (LEAP) Africa is a non-profit organization committed to developing dynamic, innovative and principled African leaders. Since 2002, through its core Youth Leadership Programme (YLP) and Annual Nigerian Youth Leadership Awards (ANYLA), LEAP has advanced the cause of youth-led community consciousness for development in Nigeria.
Watch a recap of LEAP’s video on CNN Inside Africa: Or on www.youtube.com/LEAPImpact
Also on: BeforeGraduation.org http://www.beforegraduation.org/2013/09/27/leap-africa-is-calling-on-young-social-innovators/