Thursday, May 17, 2012

African Dream In Lagos! #MING

I mentioned last month that MING's special edition on Lagos was out! And kind Ren did send me a copy :-) I still cannot read in Chinese but I do have an idea of the story each article tells in the magazine.

"We all knew it. Africa. Africans. The struggling history of slavery, the “next-day-may-never–come” living attitude. The ground-shaking, impoverished scene that charity campaign photos embark. The worst tags are all on this piece of land, and we are no short of hearsay. But what and how on earth is Africa? Who on earth are Africans? How does this piece of continent differ from ours?" Ren writes in a blog entry after her trip to Lagos to cover this story.


Good People, Great Country, Global City?

Some of the pages of those interviewed:
Seun of I SEE LAGOS

Olori Super Gal

Tolu of DUSTBIN ESTATE

Temitayo of GLOBAL PRESS INSTITUTE

Yours sincerely, @disgeneration

Photography by Ola
 Lagosians as they are. The very Lagosian things:
Photography by Ola

Photography by Ola

Moji Rhodes, Eko Atlantic City project

My love letter :-) 

The magazine cover (took this shot in the dark- it looks better in real life)

Moji Rhodes of Eko Atlantic City project


"Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it." John Maxwell.

Thanks Ren, for sharing this interesting piece about Lagos!

Interested in following Ren's work? Follow on Twitter: @renhermite 





No comments: